Who Buys Your Stuff Privacy Statement
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the bit nobody reads. Well, some people must read it. You’re reading this, right? At Who Buys Your Stuff? (WBYS) we respect your privacy. It’s at the core of what we’re doing here. We adopted Privacy by Design, it is a way of thinking about and acting in favour of your privacy in advance and building privacy into our services and platform. WBYS is only as strong as its users, and you guys have to feel secure. That’s the bottom line. For that reason, protecting your privacy is literally the most important thing to us.
We wrote this privacy statement to help you understand your rights, our obligations and outline how data is treated when you interact with our website and/or use our services.
We’d like to summarize our approach to privacy in a few commitments to you:
1. Clearly express our privacy statement and keep it up to date – last updated July 28th 2016
2. Only collect information with your consent that is necessary to perform the functions and activities You have agreed to.
3. Make sure to implement practices, procedures and systems to comply with the Data Protection Act ICO registration number: 00042833908 and the upcoming European General Data Protection Regulation.
4. Explain in plain language the type and mechanism of information collected.
Advise you of the purpose for which your information is collected, stored, used and disclosed.
Advise you on your rights to information access, rectification and deletion.
7. Do our best not to let you down. But you can always remind us on firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Make sure our 3rd parties are as diligent as we are.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Through the website
When you contact us or sign up to our services we collect the information you provide – that is your:
- Email address
- Last and first name
- Company Name
- Information you choose to share with us
As as a 3rd party
We help brands connect with their customers to identify and understand them better. SMEs can gain real time feedback from their customers, and their customers earn points based on how quickly they respond (which can be exchanged for products/money off with the Online SMEs). Awesome, eh? It’s a two way street guys and we love facilitating that.
When using our service, we collect the following information:
- Names of users
- Email addresses
- Interaction patterns on your platform
Before a company using our platform discloses to us the personal information of persons or end users, it must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this document. Customers must have the knowledge about how their data is being handled and knowledge of the parties involved.
STORAGE AND DURATION
We’re not hoarders. We only store information on you for as long as you’re using our service. As soon as you delete your account or send us a request to stop processing your information we delete it completely.
We will retain information containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the information may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Storage and International Data Transfers
The WBYS website is build of SquareSpace and Services are hosted in the United States of America. If you are accessing the Website and/or Services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions.
The main purpose of information collection is to provide you with our service. We don’t have ulterior motives and your information is not passed to any unaccepted 3rd parties. Look below for the full list. We will only use your information for the following:
- Sending you updates about WBYS (don’t worry no spam)
- Keep our website and service secure and prevent fraud
- Sending you updates about your privacy
- Customizing and optimizing your experience
- Asking from time to time how we’re doing and sending service updates
- Facilitating SMEs’ interaction with their customers via CoCreation
To give you the most privacy guarantees and data protection assurance – we carefully reviewed and vetted our 3rd parties. Our third-party service providers do not have any right to use the information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
You have the right to know who these are so without further ado:
- Website: Squarespace
- Email Marketing Solutions: MailChimp and SumoMe
- Website Analytics: Google Analytics
- Infrastructure Platform: Bubble
- Contact Management: Full Contact
We run a tight ship on data protection at WBYS. We perform staff trainings on the value of personal information and we also have internal data protection documents that everyone abides by. Rest assured, not all staff get access to data – only selected personnel with the highest admin privileges.
Everything starts and ends with your consent. If you do not agree to some of the purposes listed above, you can opt out at any moment. You have to know what you’re signing up to and we’re being very open about it. If you require additional and personalised help understanding WBYS’s privacy statement or the services – we are very happy to hear from you via email. Please email us at email@example.com .
You have the right to
- Modify and/or
Your data. If you have any queries, requests or questions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We are required to get back to you within 20-40 days. We believe that’s too long of a wait for our awesome users and will accordingly get back to you sooner than that.
In the event of a data breach, and if there is risk to your personal information and online privacy, we will notify you. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data authorities. We are registered with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office and our ICO registration number is 00042833908.
This service is intended for users over 18. If you suspect that your account or this service is being used by minors, then write to us immediately on email@example.com.
We may disclose any information in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; to investigate or report illegal activity; or to enforce our rights or defend claims. We may also transfer your information to another company in connection with a corporate restructuring, such as a sale or merger.
WHO WE ARE
Name: Who Buys Your Stuff Limited
UK Company Registration Number: 9640124
UK Information Commissioner’s Office registration number:00042833908
Address: Tremough Innovation Centre, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR10 9TA