We can all get better at stuff. I get super short in the evenings, I just do and sometimes I’m not the best guy to have around for support when it comes to loved ones – I’m hard on myself and I can be even harder on the ones I love.
But I’m working on it, and doing things to make sure I’m in the right mood to support and encourage, and it’s working.
Like improving ourselves, or a triathlon finish, we can do the same with sleep. We spend a third of our lives doing it, yet as humans we know so little about it. Our general knowledge on it is crap, compared to something like nutrition, yet I would go as far as to say, that it’s just as important as the things we put in our bodies.
If you get better at sleep and you perform better, you recharge endorphins, encourage cellular growth quicker. It’s literally something, if improved, can be life changing.
- Sleeping on your side, or back – which one are you? As there are some great things you can do to improve this
- Reducing light in a room
- Get off your phone 1hr before and read, or catch up with the one person who’s got your back
- Earplugs, totally crazy how this can improve sleep effectiveness
- Don’t eat anything two hours before bed and if you really need to put something in your mouth – go for a carrot
- Krill Oil – we’re deficient in omega 3’s and this little guy, taken every day, can improve sleep by a country mile
Imagine if you could say you’re a pro at sleeping i.e. sleep effectiveness, get into deep sleep, stay there and then come out when it’s time. Imagine 6.5hrs and being fully recharged, as opposed to the 8+ and sluggish as hell – think about it.